Hello BAM-iT! Edu Class,
This week I am discussing how to be Black And Making It as a college student, and this video is the first part of the series. In it, I explain why it is so important for black college students to intern as often as possible before graduation.
Here are the key points highlighted:
- Even most entry-level jobs seek 2-3 years of work experience. Start interning now!
- Internships help college students know if they really want to work in the field they are pursuing.
- Internships build the resume with strong credentials.
- Internships build maturity and responsibility.
- Do not skip unpaid internships! While students are in school it is more about building the resume and getting experience.
If you are a college student, share this career building information with your friends. If you are a parent, share it with the students you have in your family. Let’s work together to make sure the students in our community are Black And Making It!
Be sure to subscribe to BlackAndMakingItEdu.com to receive future content that helps black students succeed.
Click here to schedule your tutoring session today! Whether you are a parent seeking tutoring for your child, a college student feeling overwhelmed by papers, or a career veteran who wants to take your written and verbal communication to the next level, I have you covered. No matter your age or skill level, get help with: grammar, essays, research papers, written statements for college and job applications, presentations, and speeches.
~ Ayvaunn Penn, BAM-iT! Edu Founder