Hello BAM-iT! Edu Class!
In today’s video, I share five secrets for helping college students land the internship of their dreams. I know these tips can work, because I have successfully applied them in my own life many times. Especially the last tip — the power of THE COLD LETTER. Many of the internships that have helped to propel my career were not advertised. I saw something I wanted and built a door of opportunity for myself. Watch the video to get a taste of my secret sauce for internship success.
Today’s key points:
- Start searching for your internship EARLY.
- Submit a mistake-free internship application. PROOFREAD.
- Submit a STRONG COVER LETTER. Get help with this, by scheduling a BAM-iT! Edu tutoring session.
- FOLLOWUP with a phone call or email IF PERMISSIBLE.
- Don’t see the internship you want? Write a COLD LETTER to the company you want to work with.
If you are a college student, share this career building information with your friends. If you are a parent, share it with the students you have in your family. Let’s work together to make sure the students in our community are Black And Making It! Subscribe to BlackAndMakingItEdu.com to receive future content that helps black students succeed.
Click here to schedule your tutoring session today! Whether you are a parent seeking tutoring for your child, a college student feeling overwhelmed by papers, or a career veteran who wants to take your written and verbal communication to the next level, I have you covered. No matter your age or skill level, get help with: grammar, essays, research papers, written statements for college and job applications, presentations, and speeches.
~ Ayvaunn Penn, BAM-iT! Edu Founder